How much does a Meraki MX cost?
How much does a product from the Meraki MX line cost?
It makes sense. After all, what good is hearing about all its attributes and how it can help business if it’s priced beyond their means. The challenge is, it’s not like buying bread or a lamp. There is no one fixed price to Meraki MX hardware. The cost is directly related to the capabilities the buyer would like. There is also the additional cost of the licensing agreement, which is required when purchasing Meraki MX. You know what? The pricing of Meraki MX can be very similar to the experience of buying a car. Let’s take a look at that.
When you’re looking to buy a car, you start off by pricing the base model. That cost gets you the car, but with none of the bells and whistles you’re used to and that make driving a pleasure. So you add on the leather seats and the satellite navigation and remote start for those cold mornings. Now, depending on the model, your costs could have gone up anywhere from $10,000 to $15,000. And then, before you decide if you really want those seat warmers, you’ve got to factor in the cost of insurance. Because, before you can take your new car out for a spin, you are required to purchase car insurance to legally drive your new vehicle.
So, think of Meraki MX as the new car with options and the Meraki MX licensing agreement as the insurance you are required to purchase along with it.
This is helpful for two reasons. Number one: it provides a dialog you can share with your customers. Most everyone has had the experience of buying a car. Number two: it allows you to quell their concerns and counter their objectives in terms they can understand and have had experiences with.
When purchasing both cars and hardware, the cheaper option is usually very appealing. For example, a customer buying a car in the summer probably doesn’t need a rear defroster. This can be similar to a customer compromising security, quality, and functionality down the road when selecting certain security products.Now that we have a better understanding of the pricing model, let’s take a look at some actual costs.
How much does a Meraki MX cost?
The list price of a Meraki MX varies from $595-$19,995. These are list prices dependent on MX models and additional capabilities that include:
• Firewall Throughput
• VPN Throughput
• Recommended Clients
• SD-WAN capabilities
Of course, once you have determined the model of MX you are interested in, we can work with you and Cisco to get you Reseller pricing. If your opportunity meets certain criteria to get special pricing approved, we can help with that as well. Don’t forget: Licensing also must be considered, and is offered at 1, 3, 5, 7, or 10 year increments.
How does Meraki MX licensing affect the cost?
As mentioned, licensing is a required add-on. Meraki offers two different licensing plans: Enterprise License and Advanced Security License. For both, regardless of the year you select, the customer owes one payment, due upfront. When it’s time to renew the licensing, they have the option to renew for a different term length. We customize this approach to your customers’ needs. Our main goal is your and your customers’ satisfaction. The licensing plans and their corresponding price ranges are as follows:
• This license includes a stateful firewall, site-to-site VPN, client VPN, branch routing, link bonding and failover, application control, and web caching. All MX Security Appliances include upgrades, phone support, and a lifetime warranty at no additional cost.
• We recommend this option to customers who aren’t as concerned with security and deeper analytics and want a secure and reliable router for a more affordable price.
• The average customer spends between $300-$30,000 (list price) on the enterprise license, based on the number of years chosen and the model of the MX.
• Remember to reach out to us for a quote with Reseller pricing on this licensing model.
Advanced Security License
• This license includes all of the features that come with the Enterprise License, plus: content filtering, geo-based IP firewall, Google SafeSearch and YouTube for Schools, Intrusion detection & prevention (IDS/IPS), Advanced Malware Protection (AMP), and Cisco Thread Grid (requires a separate Thread Grid subscription).
• We recommend this option to customers who are looking for a stronger security protocols and real firewall stipulations. This allows you to get the traditional side of Cisco Cybersecurity with Meraki.
• The average customer spends between $600-$60,000 (list price) on the advanced security license, based on the number of years chosen and the model of the MX.
• Remember to reach out to us for a quote with Reseller pricing on the licensing model.
How does the Meraki MX product line compare to similar product types?
As you can see above, there is a wide range of prices on the Meraki MX hardware and licensing. This means more options for you to determine the correct fit for your customer’s needs, since everyone has different goals and budgets when it comes to designing their networks. That leads us to another common question customers pose: How does Meraki MX compare to similar products in the market? We believe that Firewalls and Unified Threat Management Devices are both comparable to the Meraki MX security appliance solution. And whether you decide to purchase a Meraki MX, Firewall, or UTM, we are here to support you.
There are a wide variety of firewalls on the market. These can range from $1,395-$45,3000. As you can see, there is a large price difference, based on throughput and capabilities of the hardware, licensing, and services.
Unified Threat Management Devices (UTMs)
There are a wide variety of UTMs on the market. These can range from $1,000-$15,000. As you can see, there is a large price difference here as well.
Ready to request a quote from our team? Click here.
Note: Must be a registered ScanSource and Cisco customer to receive a quote.